What-a-Great-Website Wednesday! Week 4
Today’s post is an ode to my baking hero, the lovely Picky Palate. I came across her food blog a few months ago and have been enamored since. Looking through her recipe index, you can tell that she not only enjoys food, but cooking and baking as well. She has a unique creativity that allows her to stand out from other food bloggers.
One of her recipes that I’ve made is the Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes. These were SO good – and incredibly easy to make too! (I made mine without peanut butter because my father isn’t a huge fan of peanut butter in desserts.) The second time I made these, I added a little bit a peppermint extract to the brownie batter. The great thing about this recipe is that there are several different kinds of Oreos that you can buy now, including Chocolate Creme, Golden (vanilla cookie with vanilla creme), Golden Chocolate Creme (vanilla cookie with chocolate creme), etc. Using Picky Palate‘s recipe, you could experiment and make a variety of desserts.
Picky Palate has a number of recipes that I’ve been dying to try, including Peppermint Patty Surprise Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars, Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars, and S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, etc. – and those are just the desserts! I also want to try Broccoli Cheddar, Chicken and Tater Tot Casserole, Slow Cooked Whole Chicken and Vegetables, Cheesy Bacon Green Bean Casserole Pot Pie, and so many more.
How she comes up with such brilliant ideas (and doesn’t weigh 400 pounds) is a mystery to me. She’s a woman after my own stomach.
Share the Love
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Posted in: Baking ♦ Cooking ♦ Food and Drink ♦ What-a-Great-Website Wednesdays
- Tagged: bacon, baking, broccoli, brownies, cake bars, casseroles, cheddar, chicken, cookies, cooking, creative desserts, desserts, food, Girl Scout cookies, green beans, Jenny Flake, Peppermint Patties, Picky Palate, Picky-Palate.com, pot pie, recipes, slow cooked, vegetables